- Oct 31, 15:57 Italy confirms end of rescue operation Mare Nostrum, which has saved lives of tens of thousands of boat migrants in Mediterranean
- Oct 31, 15:16 Burkina Faso's embattled President Blaise Compaore president steps down, calls for elections
- Oct 31, 14:11 Ukraine's president Petro Poroshenko proposes to keep on Arseniy Yatsenyuk as PM
- Oct 31, 12:36 Russia central bank hikes interest rate to 9.5% from 8.0%
- Oct 31, 12:33 Tens of thousands demand 'immediate' resignation of Burkina Faso President Blaise Compaore
- Oct 31, 11:04 German retail sales post biggest drop for 7 years: official data
- Oct 31, 11:03 Israel reopens Al-Aqsa mosque with police out in force
- Oct 31, 11:02 Eurozone unemployment stuck at 11.5% for fourth month
- Oct 31, 10:38 Hungary's PM Viktor Orban says will scrap draft internet tax law that has sparked mass demonstrations in the country
- Oct 31, 07:48 Russia, Ukraine sign deals promising winter gas supplies, ending months of EU-mediated negotiations
Selected Items: All items
Ljubljana, 31 October (STA) - Prime Minister Miro Cerar called for renewal of the spirit and society in his Reformation Day message, saying that this was the only way for Slovenians to exit the period of crisis and open the door to a better future.
Frankolovo/Teharje, 31 October (STA) - Parliamentary Speaker Milan Brglez said WWII was a traumatic experience for Slovenians, which continued to affect the nation, as he laid a wreath at the monument to the Frankolovo victims of Nazism on the eve of All Saints' Day. He had also honoured the memorial at Teharje, dedicated to post-WWII summary killings.
Ljubljana, 31 October (STA) - Reformation Day, a bank holiday celebrating the 16th-century Reformation and Protestant movement, which brought Slovenians the first books in their native language, will be observed in Slovenia on Friday.
Item count: 14