- Jul 31, 21:24 UN Security Council calls for humanitarian pauses in Gaza
- Jul 31, 21:07 Taiwan gas pipeline blasts injure 212, casualties feared
- Jul 31, 19:45 Ebola prompts US travel warning for West Africa
- Jul 31, 18:45 EU evacuates Libya staff to Tunisia
- Jul 31, 12:16 Ebola-hit Sierra Leone declares state of emergency
- Jul 31, 11:32 Eurozone unemployment inches down to 11.5 %
- Jul 31, 11:32 Eurozone inflation falls more than forecast, to 0.4 per cent in July
- Jul 31, 11:15 Europe rights court orders Russia to pay former Yukos shareholders almost 1.9 bn euros
- Jul 31, 10:04 Ukrainian military forces suspend hostilities in Boeing crash area
- Jul 31, 07:02 Israel mobilizes 16,000 more reserve troops, expands offensive in the Gaza Strip
Selected Items: All items
Ljubljana, 31 July (STA) - The outgoing government has proposed PM Alenka Bratušek, Foreign Minister Karl Erjavec and SocDem MEP Tanja Fajon as candidates for Slovenia's member of the European Commission, with the final pick to be taken by Commission President-elect Jean-Claude Juncker.
Maribor, 31 July (STA) - Slovenia's second-largest bank NKBM finished the first half of the year with a net profit of EUR 14.8m, a noticeable improvement over the EUR 44m loss in the same period a year ago.
Ljubljana, 31 July (STA) - The leader of the Democratic Party (SDS) Janez Janša, who is serving a two-year jail sentence, has been granted temporary prison leave to attend the maiden session of parliament on Friday.
Ljubljana, 31 July (STA) - The 90 deputies elected in the 13 July early general elections will meet on Friday for the maiden session of the National Assembly to confirm their terms and elect the speaker. The session will also be attended by the imprisoned leader of the Democrats (SDS), Janez Janša, whose MP status is mired in controversy.
Ljubljana, 31 July (STA) - Consumer prices in Slovenia dropped 1.1% in July over the month before on the back of summer sales, pulling the annual inflation rate down to zero, the Statistics Office said on Thursday. The harmonised index of consumer prices, an EU gauge, was at 0.3%.
Item count: 41