- Aug 27, 11:25 Australia beefs up counter-terrorism at airports
- Aug 27, 11:23 IMF chief Lagarde charged in France over Tapie affair
- Aug 27, 11:22 WHO staffer with Ebola taken to Germany for treatment
- Aug 27, 10:47 Floods hit 1.2 million in India's Assam state
- Aug 27, 07:43 US journalist Peter Theo Curtis back in US after Syria kidnap
- Aug 27, 07:42 Hollywood black comedy Birdman to kick off Venice Film Festival
- Aug 27, 07:39 Gaza ceasefire holding, Israeli military says
- Aug 27, 07:00 Weather: Cloudy morning with intermittent rain, sunny intervals in the afternoon, daytime highs at 16- 21C, up to 26C in W
- Aug 27, 06:56 Poroshenko says all sides backed Kiev peace plan at Minsk talks
Selected Items: All items
Ljubljana, 27 August (STA) - The NLB banking group made a EUR 34m net profit in the first half of the year, which compares to a EUR 91.2m loss in the same period in 2013. The core bank made a EUR 35.8m net profit after posting a EUR 85.8m loss in last year's first half, NLB said in a press release on Wednesday.
Maribor, 27 August (STA) - Slovenia's second largest city is in raptures after their beloved football club, NK Maribor, beat the odds to advance to the UEFA Champions League group stage for the second time in history.
Ljubljana, 27 August (STA) - Supreme Court judges are expected to decide Wednesday whethere Supreme Court president Branko Masleša will have to recuse himself from proceedings related to ex-PM Janez Janša's appeal against the guilty verdict in the Patria corruption case that sent him to prison for two years.
Item count: 23